Sales Manager Game Plan
This Game Plan is about developing your management team to strengthen their capability to hire top potential, and then training, coaching and leading them in a manner that builds and supports ownership, responsibility and accountability.
The Salesforce Game Plan is designed to:
- Equip your Sales Managers with a set of skills to modernize their management and coaching approach.
- Ensure that your Sales Managers understand and track the Leading Indicators that drive sales results.
- Arm your Sales Managers with the tools to leverage Salesforce within all sales pipeline reviews, sales team calls, and one-on-ones.
- Provide a plan to ensure the training is effectively initiated and sustained by the participants until it is embedded in the culture.
Our Beliefs around Leadership and Training
Our philosophy around training and leadership are also significant differentiators of our program. We believe that:
- Getting people to take personal responsibility is critical and key to growing a high performance culture
- Self-confidence and positive expectations are vital to people growing, developing and tackling new challenges
- The leadership drives the culture and provides the role model for the organization
- You cannot manage other people (and when you attempt to, it is at a cost to you that builds ongoing dependency), but you can train them to manage themselves more effectively and give them the opportunity to do so
- “Involvement” drives “engagement” and that this is the only way to get to “commitment”
- Gaining and holding others to commitments is the key competency of successful leadership.
Areas of Coverage
- How to understand and manage the dynamics of change and leading in a changing workplace
- The Role of the Manager
- The Performance Equation and its Implication for a Recruiter and Coach
- The Five Critical Principles every coach must know
- Expectations dictate performance
- Self confidence dictates expectations
- Ideal motivation is internal - how to gain commitment
- The importance of Return on Energy
- Understanding how to Coach Process - Coaching Effort
- The Six Step Process for Gaining Commitment
- How to hold people responsible and accountable
- How to move from coaxing to coaching
- The power of a bottom up and inside-out approach to coaching
- How to deal with low performers and performance issues
- How to coach for skill
- How to coach for self-confidence and higher expectations
- Strengthening coaching habits that build a partnership
- Effective weekly and monthly review meetings
- How to create a proactive business development enterprise
- A process for implementing this model in a gradual manner
“I liked the demonstrations into individual steps. It helped walk through the changes.”